Saturday, July 26, 2008

v1.0.1 coming

We're beta testing a 1.0.1 release this weekend. I foresee uploading it to the store on Monday. It may take a while for it to actually appear in the store, depending on what the backlog at Apple is.

Along with some minor bug fixes, I've added pop-up hints to point out some of the possibly less intuitive aspects of the app (like swiping left & right to change chapters).

And yes, this is the first step towards new functionality in a 1.1 release. I just felt I had some 1.0 housekeeping to do before moving on to the fun, new stuff. Thank you for your patience.

Update: Uploaded Monday night.
Update: Released to store Friday night.

2 comments:

Me said...

Hi Bruce,

I am really interested in this app, and I like what I have read on your blog so far. I just have one question: Are Jesus' words in red? I tried another app and found this not to be the case. It was "odd" not seeing the red print.

Thanks so much, and keep up the great work!

Bruce Geerdes said...

Hello Latin -

Sorry, no red letters yet! That may be a task for the 1.2 update.

There is a technical reason why the text has no formatting at this time, and that is because the plain text widget is much more accurate in remembering where you are when you exit and restart the app. And having the app return to exactly where you were in the text was more important to me than anything else.

So once I want formatting (for red letters, setting the verse number apart, allowing a selection of a specfic verse, etc.), either Apple will have improved the formatted text widget or I'll have to figure out a workaround. Probably the latter. :)

Thanks for writing!