Monday, December 8, 2008

Douay-Rheims source text

Wanted everyone to know that I have updating the Douay-Rheims text on my to-do list.

My source text has a few errors, but it appears that all the online versions have the same. For example, 2 Machabees 1:10 has "In the year Bone hundred and eighty- eight". It seems someone scanned the text in from a book, with a number of scanner errors, and *everyone* is now using it.

I did find a source that appears to be error free. I'll try to get that out to you soon.

Update 12/10: The source I found isn't the easiest to work with. Does anyone know of an online version of the D-R text that doesn't include the above 2 Machabees error?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.sacredbible.org/challoner/OT-46_2-Maccabees.htm

seems to have "one" instead of "bone" :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.catholicfirst.com/thefaith/bible/2machabees.cfm

Bruce Geerdes said...

Thank you! The second link also has the notes in a easy-to-parse format. That will be useful when I add notes.