Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reina-Valera released

VerseWise Bible with the Spanish Reina-Valera translation is now available in the iTunes store.

A number of people requested the RV 1960; what I am using right now is the public domain RV 1909. If there is enough interest, I could license the RV 1960. But as I've learned in trying to license my first commercial English translation, these things take time. So I am happy to get a Spanish translation out sooner rather than later.

Feel free to email me or post a public comment about this translation or what modern Spanish translation (RV 1960 or ?) you'd like me to offer.

Update: A couple people have contacted me saying that the RV 1602 would be preferable to the 1909 text. What do you think? Is there enough interest in that for me to track it down?

Update 9/25: I'll be updating the RV app with
Sagradas Escrituras 1569 text. I'll leave the RV 1909 in place for those that prefer it, allowing you to select either text in Settings.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be great to read RV 1865 because it,s like 1602 version but in a better modern language with corrections and no copyright, it,s a wonderful text and nobody made an app with it, will you?:
www.santabiblia.webs.com (an example of this text to

Regards

Anonymous said...

Yes! 1602 vs. please!

Bruce Geerdes said...

I will add 1865 to my to-do list. Thanks for the input!

Anonymous said...

Great!
Thank you Bruce.

Jose said...

If you need help with Spanish 1865 Valera or Spanish language: you know how to contact me (I sent you an email some weeks ago).
Blessings,
Jose

Bruce Geerdes said...

Thanks Jose!